- One cup of mixed dried fruit (sultanas/raisins/cherries, etc)
- One cup of milk, semi-skimmed or full cream
- One cup of All-Bran (or supermarket own brand)
- Half a cup of sugar
- One cup of self raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the fruit, sugar, bran and milk in a large bowl and leave for six hours (or overnight).
- Add the flour and salt to the wet mixture and mix throughly.
- Lightly oil the bottom and sides of a 2lb loaf tin and line with greaseproof paper.
- Pour the mix into the loaf tin and bake in a medium hot oven for one hour.
- Remove, cool, slice, butter, enjoy!
Bran loaf keeps very well for a few days, and dare I say it even improves after a few days.